WP1 Pre-process: sensing and sorting plastics to be separated. The output will be used in WP2 and WP3.
In WP2 Process development: dissolution and recovery to recycle polymer, bromine fraction and antimony fraction using the output of WP1.
In WP3 Process system integration & scale up the technology of WP2 is integrated in a WEEE recycling unit.
In WP4 Performance testing of process and products, the effectiveness of the process and the quality of the output fraction is controlled.
In WP5 Environmental and Economic assessment is performed. At the start, a quick scan is done to guide choices in WP1-WP3. At the end of the project an elaborated environmental and economic assessment is performed to prove the sustainability and economic viability of PLAST2bCLEANED technology.
WP6 Dissemination, exploitation and capacity building contains dissemination, exploitation and communication activities.
In WP7 Project Management the overall management for the whole project will take place.
In the PLAST2bCLEANED’ implementation chart TNO is responsible for the coordination, WP2, WP5, WP7 and WP8 (ethics requirement).
From their side, Gaiker is in charge of WP1, Fraunhofer for WP3, Coolrec of WP4 and SIE for WP6.
The rest of the partners responsibilities is as follows:
- Campine will contribute to WP2 in delivering plastic material with identified bromine and antimony trioxide content.
- ICL will support the project as advisor about the use of brominated flame retardants and the technology to finally recovery the bromine. Likewise, ICL will support in the dissemination of the project.
- Elix Polymers will provide the ABS fraction needed.
- Electrolux will provide industrial requirements and specifications on the use of polymeric materials in the company practices.
- Juchheim will work on the dissolution unit..