The Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology ICT, founded in 1959, is one of the largest and longest-established institutes of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, which currently has around 24,000 employees and a total turnover of 2.1 billion Euro. At Fraunhofer ICT’s site in Pfinztal over 540 employees carry out research and development work in the core competence areas of chemical and environmental engineering, polymer engineering, energy systems and explosives technology. The institute’s facilities comprise 25,000 m² of laboratories, offices, pilot plants, workshops, test stands and other facilities. This exceptional research infrastructure, which includes high-volume pilot plants and industrial-scale equipment, enables Fraunhofer ICT to develop and implement new materials, processes and products up to near-industrial level. Well-equipped laboratories with cutting-edge safety features and energy-saving technology are available at the institute, as well as all the analysis and testing procedures needed for research in its specific fields.